We provide a broad range of legal services in wills, probate, and estate matters. The services include
- preparation of a valid will
- dealing with assets that cannot be given under a will
- what you can do if there is no will or a will is lost
- urgent applications to the Court to protect estate assets
- challenge the validity of a will – lack of capacity or will not signed correctly
- response to a challenge to a will or to defend a claim for family provision
We understand how important it is to prepare a valid will to dispose of your property. You do not want to leave it to chance that your intentions are not achieved.
We can advise your executor how to obtain a grant of probate, what to do if there is no will (intestacy), how to administer your estate, and the steps to take to respond to challenges.
We can advise you how to make an urgent application to protect estate assets.
We understand there may be situations where you wish to challenge a will, for example, if you are aware of another will, or if no provision has been made for you in the will despite your expectation. We are familiar with the procedure to challenge to a will and can advise you of your rights.